A father who freed his son for two days from Swedish Social Services was released from prison last Saturday. The son, aged nine, remains in foster care following the family’s decision to homeschool before a planned emigration to India .
Christer Johansson was arrested two months ago on a charge of kidnapping his own child after he, his wife Annie and his son Domenic walked out of a government ‘contact’ centre.
The trouble started on 26 June, 2009, when seven-year old Domenic Johansson was seated in a commercial airliner with his parents awaiting departure on a flight to India .
Though the family had received no prior warning, Swedish authorities boarded the plane just minutes before take-off, forcibly removed Domenic from his parents and placed him in foster care.
Domenic is a dual citizen of Sweden and India . The family were planning to move to India where Mrs. Johansson’s family lives, and were planning to place Domenic in a school there. However, Swedish Social Services on the island of Gotland wanted to prevent the move to force Domenic to attend a Swedish state school instead.
The family received no preliminary warning, nor had they been forbidden from leaving the country. Christian Voice understands that during an earlier court hearing, Christer Johansson explained that the reason they wanted to home-school was because they would be emigrating to India shortly. The judge allowed the family to home-school, but as Christer had disclosed their date of travel to the court, social services and the police were able to board the plane, a move which the family did not foresee.
After Domenic’s abduction, there followed an agonizing 18 months during which Social Services told Mr & Mrs Johansson that they could only have an access meeting every five weeks with Domenic if they pretended to him that they did not want him at home. British Social Services impose similar conditions on parents.
Finally, Christer Johansson decided to defy the social services by bringing Domenic home. He was able to spend two days with his family and learn the truth: that they loved him and wanted him home, that they had not rejected him and had been fighting for his freedom.
That was on 22nd November last year. Two days later police descended upon the Johansson home and once again took Domenic into captivity in addition to arresting Mr. Johansson on the charge of kidnapping.
While in prison Mr. Johansson was subject to psychological evaluations and deprived of adequate representation. However, the court-appointed psychologist cleared Mr. Johansson of psychological problems.
The finding of the psychologist is in direct opposition to the accusations made against Mr. Johansson by the Social Services – accusations which formed part of their case for why Domenic should not be returned to his parents. Nevertheless, the Friends of Domenic Blog has reported that “Gotland Social Services continues to insist that Mr. Johansson suffers from a narcissistic disorder, while independent psychological assessments find him psychologically healthy.”
WE SAY: This case displays all the arrogance of Social Services departments that we experience in Britain. The Swedish SS believe they know better that parents how a child should be educated. They believe it is better for a child to be forcibly placed ‘in care’ and made to attend a Swedish school than go to India with his parents and attend school there.
Join Christian Voice
Christian Voice is a prophetic ministry in the ‘forthtelling’ sense for those Christians who are fed up with the way things are, have had enough of secularist politicians imposing wickedness on the rest of us and who are not satisfied with trying to get ‘Christian influence in a secular world’ because they know ‘The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world and they that dwell therein’ (Psalm 24:1). If you want instead to lift high the Crown Rights of the King of kings, you have found the right place!
- Yes, I/we wish to join Christian Voice. (Husband and wife may join as one)
- I/we unreservedly support the aims of Christian Voice and agree with the Statement of Faith.
- Please send me my free copy of Britain in Sin, which lifts the lid on the unrighteous legislation of the past fifity years and its devastating social consequences, my free copy of Understanding Islam, which will tell me all I need to know about Islam, my free copy of Labelling Halal, which exposes the secret sale of Islamic meat, and the latest Christian Voice newsletter, full of confidential prayer targets, which never goes up on the web.
- I/we agree to computer storage of all information provided, solely for the use of Christian Voice.
Aims of Christian Voice
- To uphold Christianity as the Faith of the United Kingdom.
- To be a voice for Biblical values in law and public policy.
- To defend and support traditional family life.
- At all times to rely humbly on the blessing of Almighty God.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one creator God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as stated in the historic creeds of the Christian church.
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord over all creation.
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, infallible, written Word of God to whose precepts, given for the good of nations and individuals, all man’s laws must submit.
- We believe all government to be under the authority of God and that its purpose is the maintenance of freedom and justice solely in accordance with Biblical principles.
Cost of annual membership is £20.00
If you agree with the Aims & Statement of Faith then click the button below.
If you wish to renew your membership please click the button below. We will match your details to our records.