Swedish authorities have begun subjecting prisoner, Christer Johansson, to psychological evaluations while continuing to reject his request for representation.
In a hearing on 20th December, the father of Dominic Johansson was not allowed to be represented by a lawyer of his choice, after being accused of kidnapping and unlawful detention.
The charges were brought against Mr. Johansson after he walked out of a government centre with his son Domenic during a contact session.
The trouble started on 26 June, 2009, when seven-year old Domenic Johansson was seated in a commercial airliner with his parents awaiting departure of a flight to India.
Though the family had received no prior warning, Swedish authorities boarded the plane just minutes before take-off, forcibly removing Domenic from the custody of his parents and placing him in foster care.
Domenic is a dual citizen of Sweden and India. His mother’s family all live in India, where the family was planning to move to.
But Swedish Social Services in Domenic’s home town of Gottland wanted to prevent the move from taking place in order that Domenic would be forced to attend their school.
The family received no preliminary warning, nor had they been forbidden from leaving the country.
After Domenic’s abduction, there followed an agonizing 18 months leading up to the incident when Christer Johansson decided to defy the social services and bring Domenic home.
That was on 22 November last year. On 24 November, police descended upon their home and arrested Mr. Johansson and once again took Domenic into captivity.Since then Mr. Johansson has been struggling to obtain representation by Trygve Emstedt, a human rights lawyer with 30 years’ experience who desires to take on the case.
Even though Sweden’s constitution and Article 6 of the European Convention for the Protection of Human Rights guarantees every Swedish citizen the right to a fair trial and the right to choose his own representation Gotland courts have insisted that Christer be represented by their own public defender.
Moreover, it now seems that the Swedish authorities are looking for evidence to use against Christer. On 1 January, Bob Unruh reported in World Net Daily that unspecified psychological studies or evaluations have been ordered for Mr. Johansson.
PRAY: Much prayer is still needed for Domenic’s mother, Annie, who is suffering acutely because of the tragic separation of her family. Also for Christer, that the Lord would sustain him in prison and that he would be allowed to have adequate legal representation. Finally, pray for Dominic, that the Lord would engineer circumstances to reunite him with his parents.
Join Christian Voice
Christian Voice is a prophetic ministry in the ‘forthtelling’ sense for those Christians who are fed up with the way things are, have had enough of secularist politicians imposing wickedness on the rest of us and who are not satisfied with trying to get ‘Christian influence in a secular world’ because they know ‘The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world and they that dwell therein’ (Psalm 24:1). If you want instead to lift high the Crown Rights of the King of kings, you have found the right place!
- Yes, I/we wish to join Christian Voice. (Husband and wife may join as one)
- I/we unreservedly support the aims of Christian Voice and agree with the Statement of Faith.
- Please send me my free copy of Britain in Sin, which lifts the lid on the unrighteous legislation of the past fifity years and its devastating social consequences, my free copy of Understanding Islam, which will tell me all I need to know about Islam, my free copy of Labelling Halal, which exposes the secret sale of Islamic meat, and the latest Christian Voice newsletter, full of confidential prayer targets, which never goes up on the web.
- I/we agree to computer storage of all information provided, solely for the use of Christian Voice.
Aims of Christian Voice
- To uphold Christianity as the Faith of the United Kingdom.
- To be a voice for Biblical values in law and public policy.
- To defend and support traditional family life.
- At all times to rely humbly on the blessing of Almighty God.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in one creator God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, as stated in the historic creeds of the Christian church.
- We acknowledge Jesus Christ as Lord over all creation.
- We believe the Holy Bible to be the inspired, infallible, written Word of God to whose precepts, given for the good of nations and individuals, all man’s laws must submit.
- We believe all government to be under the authority of God and that its purpose is the maintenance of freedom and justice solely in accordance with Biblical principles.
Cost of annual membership is £20.00
If you agree with the Aims & Statement of Faith then click the button below.
If you wish to renew your membership please click the button below. We will match your details to our records.